Under direct supervision, assists Survey Party Chief in all aspects of survey projects, including field data collection with either conventional survey instruments or GPS, reconnaissance for horizontal and vertical control or property corner evidence, field stakeout of proposed routes or future construction, and technical support as needed. Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather. Out of state travel is sometimes required, along with extended work schedules and likely overtime opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operates instruments and data collections systems (total stations, levels, and other measuring devices) to acquire data for various types of surveys
- Assists or performs processing of field measurements and related data, limited equipment maintenance and maintains supplies for crew vehicles
- Uses a total station survey instrument or GPS systems
- Places survey monuments to establish legal boundaries including property lines, right-of-ways, easements, etc.
- Uses existing survey plans and sketches to determine locations of existing survey monuments, as well as to place new monuments
- Uses trigonometry and other mathematic functions extensively
- Creates sketches of existing and new surveys
- Provides accurate survey data
- Accountable for the actions of the survey crew
- Accountable for the safety and production of the survey crew
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the title of the position as the subject line.