The Mosaic District is an urban re-development project on the site of a former multiplex theater in the Merrifield area of Fairfax County, VA. It brings significant pedestrian green space, residential, retail, and office space and some of the most advanced sustainable mix-use features available. It was accepted into the prestigious LEED Neighborhood Development Program and has achieved Silver Certification as a LEED Neighborhood Development (ND) Plan. We provided multi-disciplined services from each of our firm’s segments, working with multiple developers to bring this multi-phase project to fruition as a smart growth suite.
Surveying / Geomatics
CASE STUDY SPECS
- Retail – 600,000
- S.F. Office – 65,000 S.F.
- Multi-Family Residential Units – 1,000
- Green roof – 20,000 S.F.
- Parks – 2
- Parking Spaces – 4,000
- Electric car charging stations
- Advanced stormwater management systems
- Metro shuttle
- Pedestrian-friendly space
- 2013 NAIOP Beset Building, Mixed Use Project Award of Excellence
- 2006 Smart Growth Project recognized by the Washington Smart Growth Alliance